Security Tips for Using Bank Accounts
You should take the following measures to protect yourself:
- Report lost or stolen ATM cards or cheques immediately to the Bank.
- Login to your internet banking to check account activity frequently.
- Review your monthly statements as soon as they arrive.
- Always keep any sensitive personal information (i.e. Bank Statement) in a safe place.
- Do not share or write down your internet banking / ATM password.
- Approach branches in person for banking transactions.
- Safeguard your passbooks and cheque books.
- Update your passbooks regularly to view the latest account activities.
- Check your account transaction record regularly. Inform the Bank immediately if you notice any suspicious transactions.
- Do not sign any forms / documents of the Bank which are blank or incomplete.
- Change your PIN frequently (e.g. every 90 days). Inform the Bank immediately if you notice or suspect that your ATM card, PIN of your ATM card and / or internet banking have been lost, stolen, leaked or you believe there is an unauthorised access to your account by third parties.