Security Tips for using ATM
Security Tips for using ATM Services
To ensure your ATM banking services is secure, here are some security tips you should pay attention to:
|A normal Chong Hing Bank ATM should look like :||Stop using the ATM and promptly report to our Bank or Police if you encounter any of the situations below:|
|PIN pad cover installed
||PIN pad cover removed
|Normal card reader without any foreign object
||Suspicious external device attached to the card reader
|Pin hole camera affixed on the ATM
Security Tips for using ATM
- Be vigilant about your surroundings while conducting transactions at an ATM or other electronic payment terminal.
- Beware of anything unusual about the card replaceion slot. Check the keypad cover of the ATM machine before using ATM. It should not be removed and tempered. If you notice any camera or suspicious device around the ATM, do not use the machine and report the issue to the bank or the police immediately.
- Cover the keypad with your hand when entering your password and check whether anyone is trying to peek.
- Stay alert and avoid being distracted when withdrawing cash.
- Remember to take your cash and ATM Card after each ATM cash withdrawal.
- Count the banknotes immediately after each cash withdrawal. Do not take away any banknotes at the cash dispenser or ATM card at the card insertion slot left behind by someone else. The banknotes or ATM card will be returned to the ATM automatically after a designated period of time. Stealing the cash left behind in an ATM by another person is a criminal offence.
- Take your ATM receipt with you. Do not leave it at or near the ATM.
- Keep all transaction receipts and check them against your account records.
- Call our 24-hour Chong Hing Card Hotline at (852)3768 6800 immediately or contact any of our branches during office hours if you left any banknotes at the ATM/ if your ATM card is lost, stolen or retained by ATM.
Protection of ATM Card and PIN
- Change your PIN immediately when using your ATM Card first time and destroy any documents containing PIN information.
- Choose a PIN that is difficult to guess and different from the ones for other services. Do not use easily accessible personal information as your password, such as your date of birth, Identity Card number or any personal associated numbers.
- Never disclose your PIN to others.
- The Bank and the Police will never ask you for any sensitive personal information (including PINs) through emails, SMS, phone calls or any other methods.
- Banks will not ask for any sensitive personal information (including PINs) through phone calls or emails.
- Do not send your PIN via e-mail/SMS and never use the same PIN to access other services.
- For security reasons, change your PIN regularly.
- Do not keep the PIN together with your ATM Card.
- Memorize your PIN. Do not write down or record the PIN without disguising it.
- Service will be suspended after five consecutive incorrect PIN attempts. Please reset your PIN again at any of our branches to resume the service.
- The Bank will send you security messages by either text messaging or other form of alert under certain circumstances. Please check once received.
- Keep the ATM card in a safe place.
- Do not allow anyone to use your ATM card
- Check your bank statements regularly and report any irregularities found.
- Promptly report to the Bank if you are aware or suspect that your ATM card / PIN is lost, stolen, or there is any unauthorised use or disclosure, to minimise possible loss or any chance of improper use of the card.
- For security reasons, the overseas ATM daily withdrawal limit for Chong Hing Card is preset at ‘zero’ HKD.
- If you intend to withdraw cash from overseas ATMs, check with your bank or visit "UnionPay" website www.unionpayintl.com/hk/ to see whether your intended overseas destination can support cash withdrawal using your ATM card. You should also activate the overseas ATM cash withdrawal function in advance and set a prudent overseas ATM cash withdrawal limit and an activation period.
- Call our 24-hour Chong Hing Card Hotline at (852)3768 6800 immediately or notify any of our branches during office hours if any banknotes are left at an ATM, or your bank card is retained by ATM, lost or stolen.